Luckily, after consulting with the Medical Director of John Hopkins Hospital in Maryland, USA, he referred me to his Harvard colleague: Dr. Harvey Uy who was practicing at Peregrine Eye and Laser Institute in the Philippines. I immediately secured an appointment, and booked a flight to the Philippines. Upon arrival, Dr. Harvey Uy informed me that my cornea had ripped and I needed to undergo a corneal transplant, or else risk losing my eyesight forever. Dr. Antonette Pascual, the corneal specialist of Peregrine Eye and Laser Institute was also called in to assess the situation, and she scheduled my surgery the next day once the cornea from the Eye Bank of the Philippines was made available.
Finally, after 16 months of enduring stress, discomfort, and pain, and also of being threatened by blindness, I was finally able to open my eyes and see again. I would like to thank Dr. Harvey Uy and Dr. Antonette Pascual of Peregrine Eye and Laser Institute, they are God-given miracle workers to whom I owe my second life to. Being given another chance to receive the gift of sight means the world to me because now I am able to live independently, go back to work, and have a renewed purpose in life.
– Dubai Based Filipina, Corneal Transplant Patient
– Ms. Angelita Dalusong, Quezon City
– Ms. Dorothy Marasigan,
Owner of Bullseye Marketing Research and Communications Consultancy, Makati City
– Mr. Raul Concepcion, Chairman and CEO of Concepcion Industries, Inc., Makati City
– Ms. Lisa Yu, San Juan
– Mrs. Diane Veluz, Mother of Carmela, Lucban Quezon
– Chef Chris Locher, My Kitchen Owner and Chef, Makati City
– Ms. Gladys Cuan, Sta. Rosa Laguna
– Mrs. Mercedes Abel
– Dr. Loreta I. Nacario, Ed. D.
– Ms. Nina Rosal, Caloocan City
– Remedios Borlaza (Cataract Surgery)
– Sister Victorina A. dela Paz (Cataract Surgery)
– Fe Remotigue (Cataract Surgery)
– Rogelio C. Borlaza (Cataract Surgery)
-Consolacion R. Alaras (Cataract Surgery)
-Marc Allen Garcia (LASIK)
-Milliecent Ong (SMILE)
-Kavan Lam (SMILE)
-Nina Rosal (PRK)
-Evangelina P. Manalo